Come join a vibrant school as we embark on our 15th year. Our warm, tight-knit faculty is committed to teacher self-development, shared governance, collaborative mentorship, healthy communication, the anthroposophical view of human development, and taking good care of ourselves as we care for others.
Our campus is surrounded by oak, pine, and pecan trees, with access to surrounding woods and several gardens. Great Oak offers preschool through eighth grades as full WECAN members and Associate Member of AWSNA.
We are located north of Houston in an area that has a small town feel with a relatively low cost of living, but with access to all of the benefits that the Houston Metro area and Historic Galveston have to offer.
Great Oak Waldorf School has the following position beginning next school year 2024/2025:
FULL-TIME FIRST GRADE CLASS LEAD TEACHER STARTING AUGUST 2024
We are seeking a teacher who is ready to share their warmth, enthusiasm, and joy with our 15 – 17 rising first graders. This teacher will be the guiding light of this class to instill a love of learning that is imbued with multi-sensory and multi-cultural experiences while creating a foundation for loving to learn and caring for one another.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have a passion for teaching with a conscious, caring curriculum alongside collaborative, supportive colleagues.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Ideally hold a Waldorf certificate or be interested in pursuing Waldorf Teacher training.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Have strengths in developing and maintaining professional relationships with parents and faculty.
- Be a life-long learner interested in child development, and self-development.
We welcome you to learn more about us at greatoakschool.org and invite you to send a letter of introduction and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a bit more information, feel free to call 281-516-7296 for a conversation. Thank you!